Our Sponsors

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Goals and Stuff

First folks, when anyone begins to try and get their crap in order, the first thing they need to do is figure out what their goals are.  It's also good to share those goals with folks to help you remain accountable.  I'm going to do that right here, and right now.


I'm 5'8" tall.  Yes, it matters.  The numbers on a scale mean jack in and of themselves.  200 lbs doesn't tell me anything without the context, so my height provides a little bit of that context.  I'm not a particularly tall guy, so my 214 lbs is a lot on my little frame.  However, my goal of 155?  Not so much, but that's a long way off.

Trying to lose 60 lbs is a lot.  Yes, I've lost over thirty before, but it took a long, long time to even get there.  So long, in fact, that I was a little burned out and easily impressionable when it came to junk food.  That's why I'm also setting a short term goal of being under 200 lbs.  Not that difficult, in the grand scheme of things, but still a milestone in the overall image.

You have to also know that I have a goal from a visual standpoint.  Oh yes, the visual.  I'm a married man, so I'm not really interested in the ladies beating a path to my door or anything, but I wouldn't mind turning a head or two.  More importantly, the visual represents a healthier state for my body to actually be in than my current obese state.

UFC fighter Jim Miller

Jim Miller, pictured above, is an MMA fighter in the UFC.  He also happens to be my same height, and fights at my goal weight.  Now, this is after he's cut a good bit of weight to make the weigh-in, so I doubt this will be identical to what I would look like at 155.  In fact, I know it won't.  Jim Miller is a very different guy than me.  In fact, he looks different than Gray Maynard, who is the same height and weight.

Gray Maynard

The point though, and this is what is really important, is the overall look.  Well defined muscles, low body fat, and the fact that these represent professional athletes in peak physical condition.

Yeah...that's gonna be easy, ain't it?

Honestly though, it doesn't matter how difficult it is.  It's a matter of necessity now, so it clearly has to be done.  Why is this so important?  Well, boys and girls, this is a subject for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment