Our Sponsors

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ouch!!

Image from Flickr, by Instant Vantage
Alright, I hurt.

It's the good kind of hurt though.  The soreness that accompanies a tough workout is a welcome friend to an extent, but like a Christmas guest that's still hanging out at your at Valentine's Day, I'm ready for it to go.

It was a killer workout yesterday, with the results just being here today.  However, it's worth it.

No matter how much you want it otherwise, great things don't come easily.  If they did, they wouldn't be worth a thing.  The soreness I feel?  That's just the price I pay for getting where I want to be.


You see, athletes feel pain.  They feel it a lot.  It's a part of their life on a regular basis.  It's neither a friend, nor an enemy, but more like an annoying companion that you have to tolerate from time to time.  It's just how things go when you're an athlete.

Also on the painful side is the near loss of my laptop last night.  It's a kind of funny story, though I'm a bit worried that it's one of those "you had to be there" kind of stories.

My wife has been really trying her hand at the whole "healthy eating" thing.  For her, part of that involves a bit of sweetness.  Her plan last night - with some urging by me - was a paleo strawberry and banana smoothie.  Unfortunately, we ran into a snag.

The can of coconut milk I had gotten was a pop-top.  Unfortunately, the tab on the top had gotten bent and it just wasn't working right.  My wife handed it to me and asked me if I could do something.

Well, I was in the living room, and hit the bright idea to try and press down on the tab and see if I could get the seal to crack.

It did.

My hand went down into the coconut milk with enough force that it transformed into Mount Vesuvius and sent the milk all over the living room...including my laptop and soaking my shirt.  Luckily, it didn't take a lot of effort to clean up the laptop keyboard, but it scared the hell out of me since my keyboard is my livelihood.

Pro tip: Open coconut milk in the kitchen.  It's less messy that way, and your sofa will appreciate it.

As for the smoothies, we're perfecting the recipe right now, and I'll post it when it's complete.  So far, they're off to promising starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment