Our Sponsors

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Monday's workout

Image from Flickr, by kl.fitness
So, last week I killed my old workout routine.  It's dead.  Gone.  Adios.  Do svidan’yaAu revoir. 

Now, it's on to something more.  So, I spent some of my time today - the time I wasn't writing to you good folks - researching what my new workout routine would be.

This is a three times a week workout, and total body at that.  So far, that seems to be sufficient, with a day of rest between workouts also being sufficient.  This might change all of that, but if that's the case, I'll learn to adapt.

Here's the new routine:

  • Kettlebell clean and press
  • Kettlebell row
  • Kettlebell snatch
  • Kettlebell floor press
  • Kettlebell goblet squat
  • Kettlebell deadlift
  • Kettlebell swing
Each exercise is to be done for one minute, for an upward of three sets with one minute rest between them.  I've downloaded a couple of interval timer apps for my phone, and one has already been discarded.  The new one seems to fit the bill, so we're good to go there.

Like the last one, when this one becomes too easy, it will be modified appropriately.  Luckily, this one is also scalable.  What that means is that instead of one minute per set, I can go up to two minutes and so forth for a little bit.

At some point though, I'm going to have to get a heavier kettlebell, which is to be expected.  The recommended starting weight is 16 kg.  Well, I'm actually a good bit below that.  Like, over 50 percent below that.  However, I suspect my fat butt will need it soon enough and it will kick my butt severely.

What I can tell you is that even with the lighter weight, a kettlebell workout can kick my butt.  I can't wait to see what a proper weight will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment